Thank you for your interest in consigning your book with 32 Books & Gallery. As a local, independent bookstore, we are proud to support new and local authors.
- Due to limited space, our consignment program is only available to local authors, within the North Shore/Sea-to-Sky corridor.
- The author/consignee will receive 50% of the retail price for any books sold. 32 Books & Gallery will retain 50%.
- If approved, the initial order will be three copies and the consignment period is for three months. If those copies sell, we may contact you for reorders, and if your book continues to sell well, we may agree to extend the consignment agreement.
- 32 Books & Gallery will pay for books sold at the end of the consignment term. Any unsold books will be held for pick-up for 30 days. After that, any unclaimed books will be donated. 32 Books & Gallery is not responsible for any damaged/stolen books.
- If you are interested in having us host an event, we first require that you are accepted into our consignment program and we are seeing a sustained interest and level of sales before scheduling an event.
- We accept consignments year-round, except during our busiest months of November and December.
If you agree with the consignment terms above, please drop off one finished copy of your book to our front desk along with this form. Printed copies of this policy and form are available at the store. We will review your submission for professional publishing standards and sales potential. We often have a heavy volume of submissions so please allow up to eight weeks for review. We will contact you via email once a decision has been made.
Call or email the store if you have any questions.